Monday, February 4, 2013

A Brief Tribute

'Each happiness of yesterday is a memory for tomorrow'- George W. Douglas

Whether it be the time Darren Carter was about to take the most important penalty kick in our lifetime and your first thought was 'just' to turn to me to make absolutely sure I could see.

Or the time you ran downstairs for the post, scrabbled around, and ran back upstairs to tell me I'd passed the entrance exam for RGS, grinning like a madman. 

Or when we were told we weren't allowed into Old Trafford hospitality areas with our chips and home-made sandwiches, so we stood and wolfed them down on the spot, in the process making ourselves feel sick for the rest of the game.

Two years since my Dad's passing

Or whenever I was getting dogs' abuse when I was a referee and you'd 'just' have a word with me at half time, and for some reason the second half was never as bad.

Or if I had to go to bed at half time in the football and you'd 'just' sneak up to my room to tell me the final scores.

Or if I fell asleep in the car on the way home from a night match and you'd 'just' carry me up to my room instead of waking me.

Or all those times we'd 'just' sit and watch the worst piece of televised sport ever, but it was alright cos we were 'just' discussing how many points Blues would get from the final ten games.

They weren't grand gestures, but they were 'just' the best 17 and a half years anyone could wish for. 

Keep Right On xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment